Sunday, March 26, 2006

Peace

Well today I found peace. We have been visiting Annaville Baptist for a little while now. It feels like home. The other day I picked up the packets needed for my son, Collin, to earn his religious emblem for Cub Scouts. I told him I didn't know who we were going to ask to do it with him. He immediately said, "Pastor Robert!" My first thought was our former pastor, but that wasn't it. He was talking about the pastor at the church we had been attending. I told him we had not placed membership yet and he said he thought we had. Immediately I knew we had been dragging our feet. We found a church that belongs to God and from which love flows. It's hard to believe we had not made the step to place membership. I talked to Ken about it later in the week and today we placed membership!! It feels so good to have a church family again!! I'm not sure if people that grew up in church appreciate having a church family as much as those who did not. That one thing today really made a difference in my outlook on life.

Also, Carolyn got our number to "the grandmother". I understood she looks forward to meeting with us. Today we will fill out the actual application for the fostering/adopting. Please say a prayer for us!!

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Congrats on membership! It's so wonderful to have a good, supportive church family! Good luck on the meeting..I will be praying!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home