WE HAVE RATS!!!

Well this morning I found out we have rats! Collin went to feed the cats in the sunroom and ran back in the house screaming for me. As it turned out Sue(Ellen) had her babies. I feel fortunate that I have been putting her in the sunroom at night since Miss Priss' surgery last week. I knew she was as big as a house, but I didn't have any idea as to when she would pop. I guess I'll call and set up the appt to spay her.
There's not question as to who the daddy is. I remembered him right off the bat. Then Ken reminded how he was. Everytime we would go outside he would yell at us. It was like he was just griping at us! MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!
Anyway, only one looks like Sue, not that any of them really do. I had not seen newborn kittens before. Their eyes are closed and their tails have very little hair.
When I first went out this morning, Priss was on the other side of the sunroom, kinda standoffish. After I petted Sue, she came over to see. Surprisingly Priss began being helpful and nuturing. She has been grooming the kittens and Sue.
Sue is doing great!
Here we are a bit later in the day. They don't look so much like rats anymore. I guess their tails were wet. Now they all look fluffy...must be the primping!!


1 Comments:
awww!! How precious!! If you lived closer I would LOVE to take a few of those little kitties!!!! Congrats on being a "grandma" haha
Post a Comment
<< Home