Superman Returns
Okay, I admit it. I've had a thing for the superhero movies over the past few years. I think it's one of the few places we can see a definite line between good and evil. It's also reassuring to always see the good guys win!
Ken and I went to see "Superman Returns" on the 4th of July. We went to a mid-afternoon showing and it was packed!! When the movie started, the music swept me away. I turned to Ken and told him I was really excited because I absolutely love a movie with a score. The music can reach so many different emotions inside that can't be tapped with a song you hear on the radio.
I liked the movie. I don't think they could have found a better person to play the part. I can't think of his name, but he was everything Superman stood for. The story line was alright. I'm not really sure how I feel about it because there were turns in the movie I definitely did not like. It's hard to have a clear head with the nostalgia clouding things. I felt like a little girl again. I'm not sure if it was the music or memories of watching Superman while growing up.
Either way, it's an enjoyable movie....way better action/graphic scenes than the old days!

2 Comments:
I felt like a little girl watching it too. :)
Oh, how I dreamed of being swept up in Superman's arms... *sigh*
I haven't seen it, but it sounds good. It's gotten rave reviews, and everyone I talk to likes it. The actor's name is Brandon Routh. He used to be on my soap One Life To Live. Glad he's doing well for himself!
Post a Comment
<< Home