Thursday, November 30, 2006

It's Over...Continued

Well today Carla called me and asked when I was going to bring over Taylor's things. I told her I'd box up the things she had bought and drop them by. I didn't care to see her. I layed into her and told her she had better find that boy some discipline!! I told her about how people feel about Taylor's behavior. You can't raise a boy to be a man just loving them all the time. She told me she didn't want Taylor to be afraid. I guess she was referrring to Ken getting down on Taylor's level and making eye contact while discussing the way we should and shouldn't act. Now I remember her saying the same thing about the other family!! AGH!! You can't let a three year old just do what they want to. I got on my soap box and then ended the call.

Immediately I went home and packed his things. I delivered them to her office and left promptly without a word.

I knew I needed to return the key fob for daycare, so I swung by to do that. It just so happens it is at our church. I just happened to arrive during nap time. At first I was talking to the director and then some of the teachers stepped into the hallway. I told them the whole story of how this just slapped us upside the head...blind sided us. We all talked about how Taylor seriously needs discipline. Then I found out another family is already picking him up.

OH MY GOSH!! I wanted to puke and cry. So many times this woman has lied to us!! His teacher told me she had thought about contacting Child Protective Services. I told them I thought Carla had done more harm than his mother by bouncing him from family to family.

I told them I don't care who ends up with Taylor. I just want that boy to have a home. He deserves that at the very least!! At this point I do not know Carla's motivation.

I was really fired up when I left the daycare. I went straight home and called the local office to report her. The boy needs stability and this woman keeps bouncing him around. It is not fair to him at all.

I left home and met Ken. We discussed things and felt sick together. When I returned, there was a message on the recorder from Taylor's case worker. I told him the whole spill and explained my concern for Taylor. I told him there would be logs at the daycare of who picked him up and dropped him off. (He would have access because the State is paying for it.) We discussed the other family before us and he asked why Carla keeps changing families. I told him I did not know her motivation, as they were all Christian families. I also told him we were more like the other family than she thought.

They will probably be contacting me again, as I told him I had all the visits documented at my office. I hate to say that I called the State on her, but I feel as if I had no choice. This little boy needs a chance. Carla's wishy-washiness is not helping this little boy. She has told him that this is going to be his home forever. Poor, poor boy. He needs an opportunity and she keeps giving them and taking them away.

How sad.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, that's absolutely terrible. I think you were right to call the state. Someone has to look out for his interests.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

oh poor Taylor. He's at the age too where things like this he will remember and will affect him for the rest of his life. I agree..he needs discipline and stability. ((Hugs))

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrible thing to go through, for Taylor and for your family. Calling the state was the right thing to do. This woman is spreading heartache by repeating this process over and over. I will keep you all in my prayers! ((hugs))
~Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home